About a year ago, I made a plan to look for a pair of sustainable, earth-friendly and ethically produced jeans, fall in love with them, then buy them in ALL colours.
Over time, I would slowly replace all my regular jeans with sustainable ones.
That was the plan!
That was 10 months ago. I absolutely LOVED THEM and so yep, I bought them in Black, White, Washed Grey too.
Not sponsored, I bought them all myself.
I’ve had the black, white and grey jeans for a few months now (sitting together with my Mid-Blue ones). I’ve worn them all and washed them all.
And here are a few reasons they are awesome:
1) They are all super comfy – I even wear them to work.
2) They fit perfectly – I bought all in Size 25. I am Size 25 in all my designer jeans (Frame, Acne, Levi’s, Rag&Bone etc)
The black pair is slightly tighter and the fabric is not as soft as the rest, but still fits great.
3) They are cropped at the ankle so I don’t have to get them altered. I’m short (I’m 160cm).
4) They have genuinely slim ankles so they taper with my leg. Short girls will know when they buy skinny jeans and get them shortened, the resulting “ankles” don’t taper because they are the size of a tall girl’s “calves” ha!
So we have to pay extra to have them tapered at the leg, which usually ends up costing the same price as the jeans themselves.
5) Price. I think the best bit is how affordable these jeans are – AUS $103.
I feel a bit funny saying this, but it kind of feels too cheap for sustainably and ethically made jeans. I feel I should be paying more… but at the same time if they were priced any higher than say $170, I probably would think twice about purchasing them in all colours.
They don’t seem to be selling this style in the White anymore, but they have just released Dark Blue Wash and Deep Indigo.
Anyway, if you’re looking for sustainably and ethically made jeans, do check these out – I totally recommend them!