Woohoo I totally smashed my reading goal this year by finishing 21 books!
What kind of books did I read? I read a selection of classic literature titles. I read a few new and classic sci-fi novels. I read a few new releases herunterladen. THEN I got very absorbed in non-fiction books about Ancient Roman History.
I did skim read a few of those non-fiction books, because they were more like academic reference / university text books (so maybe they don’t really count?). Also, one title was actually a podcast, with 180 episodes, which I listened to twice, so I feel it counts as a book too.
SO here’s my list, starting with the book I read in Jan 2018:
2. Emma by Jane Austen
3. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
5. The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking
7. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
9. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
11. Ghost Empire by Richard Fidler
13. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
15. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
17. Rome by Robert Hughes
18. The History of Rome by Mike Duncan (a podcast!)
20. Roman Empire by Peter Garnsey (Also skim read this one)
21. Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
And my favourites for the year are…
Favourite Classic: Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Favourite New Release: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Favourite Crime/Thriller: I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
Favourite Non-Fiction: Istanbul: A Tale of Three Cities by Bettany Hughes
Or take a peek at my full list of Finished Books on Good Reads.
I’m so excited for this new year, as I have a huge pile of brand new books to start reading!