I reduced the sugar, used half the butter, half the egg, and it still tasted aaaamazing!
I also reduced the steps to save on washing up haha.
1 cup milk
2 teaspoon of dried yeast
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 cups plain flour
20g of butter, softened
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
30g of butter, melted
2 tablespoons of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1) Melt the butter in a large heatproof bowl (I just pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds). Add the milk and heat again. Add yeast, stir and set aside for 2 minutes.
2) Throw the rest of the ingredients (egg, sugar, salt and flour) into the yeast mixture. Stir well for a good 5 minutes. I don’t use a mixer, I just use a big spoon and my hands, for easy washing up. Cover with cling wrap, set in a warm spot for 1 hour for the dough to double in size. I put it on my bench top in the morning sun.
3) Make Filling: Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. OR you could skip this step and save on the washing up!
4) Make Glaze: Melt butter in microwave. Mix in icing sugar and milk. Set aside.
5) Lightly flour your surface. Give your dough a really good knead. Roll it into a log shape, about 40cm long. Use a rolling pin to flatten it out into a rectangle about 40 x 25cm.
6) Spread the butter, sugar and cinnamon filling evenly over your dough.
7) Start with the longest side, roll up the edge, and tightly roll into a scroll / log. Cut into 12 even pieces (I did 16 pieces). Place them side by side on a greased pan. Set aside for 30 minutes.
8) Preheat oven to 180C. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle over the glaze. Eat while hot! It can keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.