Hi everyone, after so many requests I’m sharing my chocolate granola recipe – again!
The recipe is slightly different, I just use smaller portions, so it makes 4 cups of granola.
This way, it fits on two baking trays, takes 10 minutes to make, 10 minutes to bake and 1.5 hours to cool.
And I can store it in an easy-to-manage 1L glass jar (stays crunchy for longer).
(My other recipe took up 4 baking trays, I had to bake it in 2 batches and it took me HOURS to get it all baked and crunchy! Who’s got time for that?! I also bake this batch hotter and for less time.)
Quick Chocolate Granola
2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of walnuts (or pecans), roughly chopped
1 cup of mixed seeds (pepitas, chia seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds)
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/3 cup of maple syrup (or have zero sugar)
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
(Makes about 4 cups of granola.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 150C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Put coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla essence in a small saucepan and stir slowly over low heat until smooth.
3. Mix the oats, almonds and walnuts in large bowl. Pour in the chocolate mixture in and stir until all the dry ingredients are well coated.
4. Divide the mixture up onto the 2 baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the granola in the hot oven for another 30 minutes.
6. Take the pans out of the oven, let it cool completely in the pan (about 1 hour). It will harden and crisp up as it cools.
7. Store in a large, air tight container and enjoy for breakfast, snacks or dessert (served with ice cream!)
* Note you might want to check on your granola as it bakes, as some ovens run hotter or cooler, so you don’t want to burn all your expensive nuts/seeds!