The team at Grana sent me some silk pieces to see what I thought about them.
I chose these particular silk pieces, because they look like great basics for Spring and Summer. And yes, I chose all black items (haha!) so I can mix and match them easily with the rest of my wardrobe. Today I’m reviewing :
You can read my original review here, where I compared Grana silks with some of my silk tops from Equipment, Isabel Marant, Tibi and a few others.
Basically, a lot of Grana silk pieces are made from “Crepe De Chine Silk”, which feels slightly velvety and textured (kind of similar to my Equipment Signature shirt) postbank bestsign app downloaden. Some other Grana silk pieces are “Silk Georgette”, which feels a bit more slippery and satiny… so it depends on which “feel” you like.
In terms of cost, Grana are transparent with their markups and their manufacturing journey from fabric mills to production to shipping directly from their warehouse, fair labour conditions and ethical workplace environments. So even though their prices seem unusually cheap, I do feel pretty good about spending my money there. I’m a bit of a fan.
1) Silk Round Neck Camisole – Firstly, omg this silk tank is only AU $62.
In terms of stitching, drape, seams, feel of the fabric, thickness, weight of fabric… it is really good quality. It’s made from Grana’s crepe de chine silk and it is so much nicer than silk from high street stores like Zara, H&M, Topshop, Sportsgirl youtube video downloaden op pc.
In the past I have picked out size XS for Grana silk camisoles, as I’m usually a Size AU6.
But for some reason I decided to go with XXS and yep, it was a tiny bit small and tight across the bust/chest for me. You probably can’t see it in the photo, but it pinches me a little under the arms if I move my arms forward in a certain way.
I should have double checked the “Garment Size Chart” — oops! Ahh, it looks fine most of the time, and it’s still pretty comfortable, so I decided not to return it.
The top half of the camisole has a double lining of silk, which adds a nice weight to it.
I can comfortably wear a strapless bra with it, and it doesn’t peek out at the sides.
It’s a lovely basic top to have in my wardrobe fork player herunterladen.
Not so great things about it:
– It’s not BLACK black. Because of the “velvety” silk, the black colour is more like a faded dark grey.
– This top has a round neck front and racerback style back. However I already have a “Racerback Silk Camisole” by Grana (this one) which has a slightly different front, and a similar racerback style back. So they are quite similar.
I felt that maybe this Round Neck top should also have a “round neck” back to make it a more classic style?? (I just read the product page and this top is actually a “restyle” of the original “Racerback Silk Camisole”. So if you already have the Racerback Silk Cami, maybe you don’t need this one??)
– My wardrobe is quite FULL and all my clothes kind of PRESS together haha download ublock. So this silk top tends to crease (just a soft, floppy kind of buckle) that I have to steam out every time I wear it! Other’s might not be so fussy about soft, floppy buckles! It’s a bit annoying, but hey it’s silk. First world problem, sorry.
Nothing else to fault. It’s fantastic for it’s price!
2) Silk Flat Front Ankle Pants – These pants sell for AU$95, which is great value for simple, good quality silk pants.
I like that they are just plain pants, with a tailored look. No frills, no added details. They are slightly high-waisted and have an elastic waist, which is very comfortable, kind of makes me feel like I’m wearing pyjamas emojis herunterladen.
I’m wearing size XS Short. They are a PERFECT leg length for me (I’m 160cm). They are really comfortable to wear and move around in.
However, when I pull them up, I stretch the waistband fully and they *just* manage to stretch over my bottom. Stretching them to their maximum capacity makes me feel that I might tear or over-stretch them, and I think that maybe I need a bigger size?!
But once the pants are on my waist, tummy, hips and bottom, they are a perfect fit. I don’t feel that I need a bigger size. I really like them.
Again they are made from Grana’s crepe de chine silk, and they are pretty strong and robust for pants. I like to sit cross legged on my office chair, and I can do that in these pants haha how can I download blocked youtube videos.
I actually have the Silk Ankle Pants (in white) which has a rouched front and it looks more casual. I like the Flat Front ones better, as I like the tailored look more.
Not so great things about it:
– They are not BLACK black. Because of the “velvety” silk, the black colour is more like a faded dark grey.
– Waistband is pretty tight to get over my bottom.
– They need a bit of a steam before I were them.
Overall, these pants get me on price and comfort.
I went to a few designer boutiques last month to do some window shopping download games apps. I tried on some silk pants and culottes. Yes their silk were thicker and felt more luxurious, but they were $700-$900 – eeek, way too expensive for me.
3) Silk Bomber – This silk bomber is AU $178 and made from 22mm Silk Georgette Satin shell, 12mm Silk Satin Lining and 100% Cotton Rib for cuffs, collar and hem.
Initially I wasn’t keen on bomber jackets. I have so many blazers and knit cardigans that I really didn’t need another light weight jacket.
But because of the bomber shape and the 100% silk fabric, it has a really nice casual luxe look to it that sits nicely between “smart” and “casual” and I’m totally sold now download microsoft office voor mac. I really, really like it!
The silk is amazing for a jacket. It’s very robust, smooth and a bit matte (I don’t really like satin jackets). It feels so much nicer than polyester!
I don’t need to constantly steam the creases out of it every time I want t wear it.
It is BLACK black, which looks great.
Quality, stitching, seams, garment weight, fabric feel, thickness – all fabulous.
I chose the XXS, which fits well, makes me look slim and petite. But when zipped up, it is a bit tight at my waist and it rides up to give me a cropped look.
So I should have gotten a size up (XS) for a more relaxed and roomy fit herunterladen.
Not so great things about it:
– I’m not crazy about the zipper. It’s a little “rough” to zip up or down. Not that I’ll be zipping it up or down very often. It’s NOT scratchy, sharp or rough to touch. When you look at the zip up close, the stitching, the seams and shape of the metal zips all look absolutely high quality. But if you look at it from far, I think it looks a little too shiny and hints at being a bit cheap. Maybe it’s the way the zip line bends?
– The price might be a bit high for most people (I think?). The fact that you could probably buy a very similar jacket from Zara, Topshop, H&M, Sportsgirl, or Witchery for the same price or less… might turn people away download powerpoint proefversie for free. I guess you would have to be looking for a good quality bomber jacket that was made by a brand, who prides itself as having an ethical manufacturing process, to feel that this jacket was worth its price, maybe?
Anyway, despite that, I still would LOVE to have this bomber in Bright Green. It’s on the wishlist. I might wait for the sale?
In the meantime, my black one looks awesome with skinny jeans, a white tee and some heels!
10% Discount + Free Shipping
If you’re a new customer, you can get a 10% Discount off your order and Free Shipping, just use my code “KARENxGRANA” at the checkout.
Phew. Hope you enjoyed my review!
You can read some more of my Grana reviews here >