Just thought I’d give you all peek at my pretty bookshelf.
We actually have 12 more shelf-sections of books – full of non-fiction books, young adult novels, kid’s novels and National Geographic magazines. These shelves are definitely are not as neat and pretty as my rainbow collection.
Would you believe, we even have one shelf-section dedicated to multiple copies of Harry Potter Books – all of which I’ve never read. I slogged through 2/3 of the first book and couldn’t read any more of it. My oldest boy has read them all though.
And then we have another 3 shelf-sections of young children’s books, like The Hungry Caterpillar, Where is the Green Sheep and my children’s favourites that I can’t bear to throw out.
Anyway, it’s almost halfway through the year and I thought I’d share my “Books I’ve Read” list so far.
11 books in 6 months! This is definitely my record, since… having children 13 years ago haha.
I’ve started with the book I finished reading a few days ago… working my way backwards to the book I received for Christmas and started in January.
11. The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy (Omg hard to read, but sooo fricking amazing!)
10. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
9. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
8. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
7. The Martian by Andy Weir
6. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
5. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
1. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami,
You can check out my whole list over at Goodreads, although you have to be logged in to see the list in chronological order, I think.