This sticky date pudding is an euphoric, eyes-roll-to-the-back-of-your-head-delicious indulgence :)
I have been using this recipe for the last 10 years and it’s an absolute winner every time Download emojis pc. It’s so simple to make too.
I haven’t made it the last few year though, because the recipe asks for a lot of sugar, and I’ve been trying to cut back on making super-sweet desserts for my family antenne bayern app herunterladen. However last week I pulled out the recipe from my archives and made it with NO ADDED SUGAR.
It still tasted delicious! Especially when we ate it, hot, with a *small* dollop of ice cream windows server 2016 iso herunterladen.
I’m not sure where the original recipe came from, as I scribbled it down many years ago.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Sticky Date Pudding
200g chopped pitted dates
1 1/4 cups of water
1 teaspoons of bicarb soda
3/4 cup of castor sugar (or use none at all!)
1 cup of self raising flour
100g brown sugar/maple syrup/honey/rice malt syrup (or use none at all!)
1 cup of cream
1 app op smart tv sony. Preheat oven to 180C. Combine dates and water in a medium sized saucepan, bring to boil, remove from heat, stir in the bicarb soda and stand for 5 minutes Download instagram photos online.
2. Add butter (and sugar, if you’re using it) to the date mixture and stir it until the butter has melted. Blend/process until smooth (I use a hand blender) playstation software. Leave the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
3. While waiting for date mixture to cool, grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with greaseproof paper herunterladen.
4. Beat the eggs into the date mixture, one at a time. Then fold in the sifted flour. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes viber downloaden voor pc.
5. While waiting for pudding to bake, make the caramel sauce by gently heat the butter and cream (and sugar, if you’re using it), without boiling, and stir for 3 minutes herunterladen schreibweise.
6. After 50 minutes, take the pudding out and pour 1/2 the caramel sauce all over the top and put the pudding back into the oven for 10 minutes foto's van flickren.
7. Serve the pudding – warm – with the remaining sauce and ice cream!
* I make the whole mixture in the large saucepan. No need to transfer into a mixing bowl – it saves washing up!
* One time I made this sticky date pudding with no added sugar, but smeared a 2 tablespoons of maple syrup over the top as a sweet glaze. I found that it was just enough to add a lovely sweet-stickiness to the pudding.
* By the way, dried dates (even the organic types) are 68% sugar. Even though it’s a natural sugar, that’s still a huge amount. So if you’re trying to cut back on sugar, maybe you should make yourself a banana bread?