My 8 year old son (almost 9) made these the other day. He was bored and hanging around in that really annoying, bored, pre-teen kind of way… so I decided to give him a cooking task – Make some scones for afternoon tea.
He took my basic scone recipe and threw in a bit (a lot!) of chocolate chips and came up with these YUMMY scones! They were such a hit, too bad he only made 12.
Chocolate Chip Scones
225g self raising flour
50g butter, melted
¼ cup of milk (enough to make a soft dough)
¼ cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 230ºC oven.
2. Rub butter into flour. Then throw in chocolate chips.
3. Add milk and mix to make a nice soft dough. If too sticky add more flour. If too crumbly, add more milk.
4. Throw onto floured surface. Knead a bit. Press flat with hands, thickness of 1-2cms. Cut out with a scone cutter. Place on oiled baking try.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.