I made these pretty lemon and coconut cupcakes over the Easter weekend.
I used my Basic Sweet Muffin Recipe and just added some lemon zest and yummy lemon icing, topped with coconut.
Lemon and Coconut Cupcakes
300g self-raising flour
170g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, melted
zest of two medium sized lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup of icing sugar
20g of butter, melted
1 cup of shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin tray with paper cases.
2) Sift flour into a large bowl, then add the sugar, eggs, butter and milk. Add zest and mix until just combined. (Do not over mix or the cupcakes will be tough.)
3) Divide mixture into paper cases. Spooned 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture into each cupcake case and I made around 24 small cupcakes.
4) Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack.
5) Whisk butter, lemon juice and icing sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Spread on cupcakes and then sprinkle with coconut.
I kept some cupcakes in an air tight container in the fridge. I warmed them up 3 days later in the microwave and they *still* tasted divine!!