I made a kick-ass potato salad recently and it was so so SO DELICIOUS.
It for a lunch party with my extended family, and everyone loved it! Thankfully everyone brought too much food to the party and only half of my potato salad was eaten – so I brought it home, hid it at the back of the fridge, and ate if for dinner (as my side salad), breakfast (on toast) and then again for lunch haha!
It’s not exactly a very healthy dish though :) And it takes some time to boil, chop, dice, fry everything… but omg it’s so worth it!
Potato Salad Recipe
1kg of baby potatoes, neatly cubed (2cm)
1 medium red onion, finely diced.
20g of butter
8 rashers of shortcut, rindless bacon, diced
2 long stalks of spring onion, finely sliced
150ml of sour cream (or heaped ½ cup)
150ml of whole egg mayonnaise (or heaped ½ cup)
1) Boil potatoes until tender. I like mine potatoes on the soft side, so when you stab a fork through it, the potato breaks easily. Cool and set aside.
2) At the same time, boil eggs for 4 minutes, until hard boiled. Cool, peel and dice roughly.
3) At the same time, fry onions in butter until golden brown. Put in bowl and set aside to cool.
4) Used the same fry pan to fry bacon until crispy. Put in bowl and set aside to cool.
5) When everything is cooled down… throw potatoes, onions, bacon, spring onions, sour cream and mayo together and stir well! Put in a nice bowl and keep in fridge. Garnish with some bacon and sliced spring onions.