My 6 year old and I made these pancakes on the weekend! Haha they were not very healthy, but they were *a very yummy treat* for the kids on a Sunday morning.
They were the best and easiest berry + pancake recipe I’ve tried to date.
I’ve modified it to suit my own taste, of course!
Blueberry Pancakes with Ice Cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1.5 cups of milk (or 375ml)
2 cups of self raising flour
¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 cup of blueberries, or raspberries, or mixed berries
1 knob of butter for frying
1) Whisk together egg, vanilla essence and milk.
2) In another bowl, sift flour and bicarb soda.
3) Pour egg and milk mixture into flour mixture. Then add berries.
4) Stir until *just combined*
5) Heat butter in the pan, and fry up until golden brown on both sides.
Makes about 12 (when each pancake is about 10cm across)
If you eat it with ice cream, you definitely don’t need any sugar added to the mixture.
But if like to eat them by themselves, then add ¼ cup of sugar.