I didn’t usually make super-sweet biscuits for my children. But the other day I thought, oh what the heck, I’ll bring out a family favourite.
I think the original recipe says to mix in LOTS of chocolate chips and M&M’s into the mixture – apparently the more the better. But I prefer to skip the choc chips altogether and have the M&M’s decorated on top. But that’s just me.
125g unsalted butter (at room temp)
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lightly beaten egg
1 ¾ cups of SR Flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup of M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Use a electric mixer to beat butter, sugars, vanilla, until pale.
3. Add egg and beat well.
4. Sift in flour and salt, mix well with a spoon.
5. Use hands to press the dough together. Make into small balls and put on the tray with baking paper. Push them flat with your palm. Then decorate with M&M’s into the top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Cool for 5 minutes. And I like to eat my cookies warm!
(I found this recipe on a forum years ago and I have no idea who to credit!)