I’ve been in a very hands-on mood lately. I want to get my hands dirty and make things. So I’ve been baking. Or rather, I’ve been experimenting with baking and making up my own muffin recipes.
Lemon Berry Muffin Recipe
2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup of castor sugar
2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
60g melted butter
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup of milk
Makes about 8-10 muffins.
1. Sift flour into a large bowl.
2. Mix in lemon rind, sugar then egg, butter and milk.
3. Then stir in berries.
4. Spoon mixture into greased muffin pans.
5. Bake in 180C oven for 25 minutes until golden.
6. Drizzle with lemon icing glaze on muffins while hot.
Lemon icing glaze
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix juice and enough icing sugar to make a watery icing for glazing. About 1 teaspoon of glaze for each muffin.