We made some yummy muffins for morning tea! I swapped a few ingredients to make them extra healthy. I used no sugar, so it had a lovely bready, nutty flavour.
We ate them straight from the oven, steaming hot with natural yoghurt, honey and blueberries. My kids loved them!
Banana & Walnut Muffin Recipe
225g (8 oz) SF white wholemeal flour
¼ teaspoon of bicarb soda
pinch of salt
75g (3 oz) butter organic butter
2 medium eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons of sugar (or try none)
450g (1lb) banana, weighed with skin. Peeled and mashed.
100g (4 oz) walnuts, chopped
1. Heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Mix flour, bicarb soda and salt.
3. Cream margarine (and sugar), add the eggs.
4. Stir in sifted flour, bananas and nuts. Mix.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin cases, dividing equally. Bake for 30 minutes until well risen and skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave to stand for a few minutes then cool on wire rack.