I have some exciting news!
1) My little sister (my ONLY sister) is getting married this weekend and I’ll be one of the bridesmaids!
The wedding will be in Perth, then next week we are going to fly over to Singapore and Malaysia to celebrate with her partner’s family.
2) I’ll be travelling without my husband and kids and I’M A BIT EXCITED! I’ll be able to focus on lots of girly-girly-pretty-pretty wedding things without feeling guilty about ignoring all the man-boys in my life.
But this is all a bit scary for me.
The last time I went away by myself was 3 years ago. I went to a very wintery Denmark for 7 days for a fashion media trip and to attend Copenhagen Fashion Week. I found that packing for such cold weather was quite difficult, especially when trying to fit in all the bulky coats and knits. I had to pack as if I was going on a mission to Mars!
This time around, I’ll be going to a tropical place that I am very familiar with, so packing should be a cinch.
However, the DANGER is that I will be just TOO relaxed about my packing…. And that I won’t have the proper essentials I need for playing the major supporting role in the biggest event of my sister’s life.
So, all my outfits need to be planned (from my bridesmaid’s dress all they way down to what swimsuit I’ll wear at the girl party by the pool), my beauty essentials will need to be packed, shoes, jewellery, cameras, passport… I guess I’ll have to make a packing list.
Here are some of my travel essentials… (clockwise from top)
• Passport, camera, smartphone, watch – of course!
• Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Perfume – for me to smell nice.
• L’occitane rose hand cream – for soft hands 24/7.
• Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder – for keeping my skin matte.
• Chanel Vitalumiere Makeup with SPF15 – for flawless looking skin.
• SK-II Stempower Cream – to keep me hydrated and radiant all day.
• SK-II Skin Signature 3D Redefining Mask – to prep my skin for the big day!
• Sukin rosehip oil – for sensitive, dry patches on my skin.
• Chanel Nail lacquer – for manicure touch ups.
• Bobbi Brown lipstick – for gorgeous colour.
• Chanel Eyeliner in Noir – for smoky eyes.
• Clinique Mascara – for thick lashes.
• Tiffany and Co cosmetics case – to stop things from getting lost in my handbag!
I’m sure I’ll add more to this list… as the days get closer to my departure.
I’m so excited!